- IMAGO DEI; (icons and articles)
- BELMONT ABBEY, OUR MOTHER HOUSE
- PACHACAMAC MONASTERY - OUR MONASTERY
- HOLY RESURRECTION MONASTERY
- SITE MAP OSB: BENEDICTINE ORDER
- LEARN OR PREPARE PLAINCHANT: THE WHOLE GRADUAL ONLINE
- A WONDERFUL ORTHODOX CONVENT: ST ELIZABETH'S CONVENT, MINSK
- ECCLESIAL PEACE: This website and "Monks and Mermaids" belong to one another.
EXPAND YOUR READING!!
"Today the concept of truth is viewed with suspicion, because truth is identified with violence. Over history there have, unfortunately, been episodes when people sought to defend the truth with violence. But they are two contrasting realities. Truth cannot be imposed with means other than itself! Truth can only come with its own light. Yet, we need truth. ... Without truth we are blind in the world, we have no path to follow. The great gift of Christ was that He enabled us to see the face of God".Pope Benedict xvi, February 24th, 2012
The Church is ecumenical, catholic, God-human, ageless, and it is therefore a blasphemy—an unpardonable blasphemy against Christ and against the Holy Ghost—to turn the Church into a national institution, to narrow her down to petty, transient, time-bound aspirations and ways of doing things. Her purpose is beyond nationality, ecumenical, all-embracing: to unite all men in Christ, all without exception to nation or race or social strata. - St Justin Popovitch
Important Christian Literature
- "Cyberdesert" the Fathers on Prayer & the Christian Life
- "On Inmages" (Hilary of Poities John Damascene
- Abandonment to Divine Providence (Jean-Pierre de Caussade
- Ascent of Mount Carmel (John of the Cross)
- Augustine Baker (home page)
- Augustine Baker OSB "Sancta Sophia"
- Conferences of St John Cassian
- Confessions & Enchiridion (S> Augustine)
- Life of St Benedict (S. Gregory the Great)
- On St Symeon the New Theologian (i-pod)
- On the Gospel of St John and the "Epistle to the Hebrews (S. John Chrysostom)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol. 1 (S. Athanasius)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol.2. (S. Athanasius)
- Revelations of Divine Love (Julian of Norwich)
- Sermon on the Mount, Harmony of he Gospels, Sermons on the Gospels (S> Augustine)
- Spiritual Canticle of the Soul
- St Dionysius "Mystical Theology"
- St John of the Cross "The Dark Night of the Soul."
- The City of God (S. Augustine)
- The Cloud of Unknowing
- The Divine Names & Mystical Theology (S. Dionysius the Areopagite)
- The Inarnation (St Athanasius)
- The Life of St Teresa of Avila OCD
- The Practice of the Presence of God (Br Lawrence)
- The Rule of S. Benedict
- Works of Suplicius Severus, S. Vincent of Lerins, and S. John Cassia
Orthodox Monasteries Throughout The World
Benedictine Order -website
Orthodox Monasticism in Patristic and Monastic Studies
My Blog List
Why Should an Orthodox Christian be Interested in Daniel Berrigan? - by Jim Forest A friend who thinks of the Catholic Church as the oldest form of Protestantism recently asked, “Why should an Orthodox Christian be intereste...4 days ago
Important Information To Consider Regarding 'The Shack' UPDATED March 27th - From the Lighthouse Archive for the ‘The Shack’ Category NEW BOOKLET – The Shack and Its New Age Leaven “The Shack,” TBN, and the New Age Letter to the Ed...9 months ago
Over 9,000 people killed, 20,000 wounded during conflict in Donbas — UN - GENEVA, /TASS/. More than 9,000 people — both civilians and military, have been killed and over 20,000 have been wounded as a result of the conflict ...1 year ago
Fr. Seraphim Rose on the Characteristics of the “New Man” - What, more realistically, is this “mutation,” the “new man”? He is the rootless man, discontinuous with a past that Nihilism has destroyed, the raw materia...2 years ago
Monasterio de la Encarnacion, Pachacamac - Lurin, LIMA
- ► 2017 (100)
- ► 2016 (147)
- ► 2015 (186)
- ► 2014 (162)
- ► 2013 (250)
- MAY 2ND: ST ATHANASIUS OF ALEXANDRIA
- MYSTERY OF PASCHAL TIME by Dom Prosper GuerangerGO...
- [Irenikon] St. Basil and the Holy Spirit St. Ba...
- A PERSEVERANCE CONFERENCE GIVEN BY ABBOT PAUL
- THE CONVENT OF ST ELIZABETH THE GLORIOUS, ROYAL A...
- THOMAS MERTON AND DOROTHY DAY: A SPECIAL FRIENDSHI...
- THE CAMBRIDGE ORTHODOX FORUM: BASIC QUESTIONS
- SHARING IN HEAVEN: THE MASS IN TWO RITES
- PILGRIM IN JERUSALEM by Jim Forest
- ABBOT PAUL'S CONFERENCE ON MONASTIC LIFE AND THE R...
- SURPRISING REVIVAL OF MEN IN THE RELIGIOUS LIFE
- THIS SIDE OF EDEN: MONASTIC LIFE AT WESTMINSTER BE...
- CHRIST, THE CONQUEROR OF HELL (CHRISTUS VICTOR) b...
- ORTHODOX EASTER 2012
- ORTHODOX HOLY WEEK: GREAT FRIDAY AND SATURDAY
- THE VIRGIN MARY IN ETHIOPIAN ORTHODOX TRADITION
- A VERY USEFUL COLLECTION OF HOLY WEEK ICONS
- ORTHODOX WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY OF HOLY WEEK 2012
- BETWEEN TWO EASTERS: THE AKATHIST: A MARIAN DEVOTI...
- PAPAL LITURGY FOR HOLY WEEK 2012 (except the chris...
- EASTER VIGIL & EASTER DAY 2012
- HOLY SATURDAY 2012: CHRIST'S DESCENT INTO HELL
- GOOD FRIDAY 2012
- MAUNDY THURSDAY 2012
- review of "Toward the Endless Day: The Life of Eli...
- The Meaning of the Prayer of St. Ephraim the Syria...
- PALM SUNDAY 2012 - 2
- ▼ April (27)
- ► 2011 (300)
- ► 2010 (186)
- ► 2009 (47)