EXPAND YOUR READING!!
"Today the concept of truth is viewed with suspicion, because truth is identified with violence. Over history there have, unfortunately, been episodes when people sought to defend the truth with violence. But they are two contrasting realities. Truth cannot be imposed with means other than itself! Truth can only come with its own light. Yet, we need truth. ... Without truth we are blind in the world, we have no path to follow. The great gift of Christ was that He enabled us to see the face of God".Pope Benedict xvi, February 24th, 2012
The Church is ecumenical, catholic, God-human, ageless, and it is therefore a blasphemy—an unpardonable blasphemy against Christ and against the Holy Ghost—to turn the Church into a national institution, to narrow her down to petty, transient, time-bound aspirations and ways of doing things. Her purpose is beyond nationality, ecumenical, all-embracing: to unite all men in Christ, all without exception to nation or race or social strata. - St Justin Popovitch
Important Christian Literature
- "Cyberdesert" the Fathers on Prayer & the Christian Life
- "On Inmages" (Hilary of Poities John Damascene
- Abandonment to Divine Providence (Jean-Pierre de Caussade
- Ascent of Mount Carmel (John of the Cross)
- Augustine Baker (home page)
- Augustine Baker OSB "Sancta Sophia"
- Conferences of St John Cassian
- Confessions & Enchiridion (S> Augustine)
- Life of St Benedict (S. Gregory the Great)
- On St Symeon the New Theologian (i-pod)
- On the Gospel of St John and the "Epistle to the Hebrews (S. John Chrysostom)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol. 1 (S. Athanasius)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol.2. (S. Athanasius)
- Revelations of Divine Love (Julian of Norwich)
- Sermon on the Mount, Harmony of he Gospels, Sermons on the Gospels (S> Augustine)
- Spiritual Canticle of the Soul
- St Dionysius "Mystical Theology"
- St John of the Cross "The Dark Night of the Soul."
- The City of God (S. Augustine)
- The Cloud of Unknowing
- The Divine Names & Mystical Theology (S. Dionysius the Areopagite)
- The Inarnation (St Athanasius)
- The Life of St Teresa of Avila OCD
- The Practice of the Presence of God (Br Lawrence)
- The Rule of S. Benedict
- Works of Suplicius Severus, S. Vincent of Lerins, and S. John Cassia
Orthodox Monasteries Throughout The World
Benedictine Order -website
Orthodox Monasticism in Patristic and Monastic Studies
My Blog List
Drama and Music To Make Us Think: Disability Hate Crime, Religious Persecution, Bullying, Relationships, the Holocaust, North Korea, Scapegoating of Minorities... - Reblogged from : A theatre company, consisting primarily, but not exclusively, of actors with learning disabilities, recently came to Westminster to per...1 day ago
Archetype and Symbol III: On Noetic Vision, Continued… - Lets now look at the nous as an organ of perception. In speaking of the soul, according to its different faculties, we tend to create a fragmented notion o...2 days ago
Elder Porphyry the Kapsokalivite Sees a Provocatively Dressed Woman - Years ago, when the Elder served at the Polyclinic of Athens, while walking in the area of Omonoia one day with two girls who were his spiritual children, ...3 days ago
Monasterio de la Encarnacion, Pachacamac - Lurin, LIMA
- ► 2012 (320)
- ► 2011 (300)
- All Saints 2010
- [Irenikon] Dated, but quite interesting: Benedict'...
- [Irenikon] St. Nikodemos the Hagiorite On Vampiris...
- [Irenikon] The Christian, Not Pagan, Origins of Ha...
- THE ORIGINS AND MOTIVATIONS OF MONASTICISM
- Balamand Monastery One Hundred & Twenty Wise Sayin...
- Maronite Monasticism: Saint Hardini
- CAMALDOLESE BENEDICTINES (taken from their websit...
- [Irenikon] Rosary" of St. Seraphim of Sarov, appea...
- [Irenikon] Someone has sent you a message from Com...
- [Irenikon] Met. Hilarion Alfeyev
- Benedict’s Creative Minority by Samuel Gregg
- Catholic Icons 1: LORD OF THE MIRACLES - Lima, ...
- FR BARRON AND PETER HITCHENS
- [Irenikon] Very interesting: Italian scientific ex...
- HERMIT WITNESS (A Coptic Anchorite and Charles de ...
- [Irenikon] The Holy Canal of the Theotokos at Dive...
- [Irenikon] Young people today have lost ‘moral voc...
- [Irenikon] Very inspiring: Pope canonizes first Au...
- “The Feast and the Eucharist” – the paper read by ...
- Couple Who Received Papal Letters On Medjugorje Fo...
- [Irenikon] Council for Promoting New Evangelizatio...
- [Irenikon] Today's saints, whose relics were disco...
- Spiritual Counsels of Saint Pachomios of Chios (...
- [Irenikon] The Oldest Marian Icon in Rome, and one...
- From Nunraw Abbey: ON MONASTIC PRAYER
- AGIOS O THEOS
- Sacred Liturgy, Sacred Signs By Louie Ve...
- Patriarch Kiril of Moscow Uses the Same Language a...
- Fr Paul Johnson: Pope's impressive words.
- Saint Martin the Merciful, Bishop of Tours St....
- MONASTIC SPIRITUALITY THEOSIS 4. "Drunk with t...
- Lectio Divina as school of prayer among the Father...
- THE JESUS PRAYER by Saint Theophan the Recluse
- [Irenikon] Newest saint in Coptic Church, Abbess I...
- MONASTIC SPIRITUALITY - THEOSIS THEOSIS 1 - T...
- MONASTIC SPIRITUALITY - THEOSIS THEOSIS 2. ENSTAS...
- Oct. 6th: ST BRUNO OF COLOGNE
- Pope Benedict XVI: LECTURE BY H.E. CARDINAL RATZIN...
- Mount Carmel for America: Carmelite Monks, Messeng...
- CYNICISM IS AN ILLNESS - Interview with an Orthodo...
- OCTOBER 4th: Feast of St Francis of Assisi St. Fra...
- 150th Anniversary of the Consecration of Belmont A...
- OCTOBER 1ST: ST THERESE OF LISIEUX
- ▼ October (44)
- ► 2009 (47)