EXPAND YOUR READING!!
"Today the concept of truth is viewed with suspicion, because truth is identified with violence. Over history there have, unfortunately, been episodes when people sought to defend the truth with violence. But they are two contrasting realities. Truth cannot be imposed with means other than itself! Truth can only come with its own light. Yet, we need truth. ... Without truth we are blind in the world, we have no path to follow. The great gift of Christ was that He enabled us to see the face of God".Pope Benedict xvi, February 24th, 2012
The Church is ecumenical, catholic, God-human, ageless, and it is therefore a blasphemy—an unpardonable blasphemy against Christ and against the Holy Ghost—to turn the Church into a national institution, to narrow her down to petty, transient, time-bound aspirations and ways of doing things. Her purpose is beyond nationality, ecumenical, all-embracing: to unite all men in Christ, all without exception to nation or race or social strata. - St Justin Popovitch
Thursday, 30 December 2010
HAPPY NEW YEAR; Looking back on the Pope's Activity in 2010 and Much More
I apologize for covering up the lists of previous posts with large videos. Someone more skiled would be able to avoid this. If you want to explore any of the lists, simply click on one you can see, and the page you end up with will have lists uninterrupted by videos. I hope you like this selection of videos for the New Year. The first looks on the Pope's activity in 2010; and the last looks at his engagements in 2011. In between, there is a variety, all of them very good. All videos are from GLORIA TV.
Earnestly recommended this post on the Pope's new book: THE POPE OF ROME AND THE CHRISTIAN EAST
Important Christian Literature
- "Cyberdesert" the Fathers on Prayer & the Christian Life
- "On Inmages" (Hilary of Poities John Damascene
- Abandonment to Divine Providence (Jean-Pierre de Caussade
- Ascent of Mount Carmel (John of the Cross)
- Augustine Baker (home page)
- Augustine Baker OSB "Sancta Sophia"
- Conferences of St John Cassian
- Confessions & Enchiridion (S> Augustine)
- Life of St Benedict (S. Gregory the Great)
- On St Symeon the New Theologian (i-pod)
- On the Gospel of St John and the "Epistle to the Hebrews (S. John Chrysostom)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol. 1 (S. Athanasius)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol.2. (S. Athanasius)
- Revelations of Divine Love (Julian of Norwich)
- Sermon on the Mount, Harmony of he Gospels, Sermons on the Gospels (S> Augustine)
- Spiritual Canticle of the Soul
- St Dionysius "Mystical Theology"
- St John of the Cross "The Dark Night of the Soul."
- The City of God (S. Augustine)
- The Cloud of Unknowing
- The Divine Names & Mystical Theology (S. Dionysius the Areopagite)
- The Inarnation (St Athanasius)
- The Life of St Teresa of Avila OCD
- The Practice of the Presence of God (Br Lawrence)
- The Rule of S. Benedict
- Works of Suplicius Severus, S. Vincent of Lerins, and S. John Cassia
Orthodox Monasteries Throughout The World
Benedictine Order -website
Orthodox Monasticism in Patristic and Monastic Studies
My Blog List
Drama and Music To Make Us Think: Disability Hate Crime, Religious Persecution, Bullying, Relationships, the Holocaust, North Korea, Scapegoating of Minorities... - Reblogged from : A theatre company, consisting primarily, but not exclusively, of actors with learning disabilities, recently came to Westminster to per...1 day ago
Archetype and Symbol III: On Noetic Vision, Continued… - Lets now look at the nous as an organ of perception. In speaking of the soul, according to its different faculties, we tend to create a fragmented notion o...3 days ago
Elder Porphyry the Kapsokalivite Sees a Provocatively Dressed Woman - Years ago, when the Elder served at the Polyclinic of Athens, while walking in the area of Omonoia one day with two girls who were his spiritual children, ...3 days ago
Monasterio de la Encarnacion, Pachacamac - Lurin, LIMA
- ► 2012 (320)
- ► 2011 (300)
- [IrenikoHAPPY NEW YEAR: Fw: "My mum forced me to c...
- HAPPY NEW YEAR; Looking back on the Pope's Activit...
- [Irenikon] Holy Hieromartyr Hilarion Solemnly Cele...
- PACHACAMAC CHRISTMAS
- AN ICON OF OUR LADY OF FATIMA
- THE MEANING OF CONFIRMATION
- The Synaxis of the Most Holy Theotokos Posted: 26 ...
- JANUARY 7th: BYZANTINE CHRISTMAS
- HAPPY AND HOLY CHRISTMAS TO ALL (on Dec.25th OR Ja...
- The Incarnation and The New Jerusalem
- St Odilo of Cluny:: "LORD, SON OF DAVID, HAVE MERC...
- [Irenikon] Patriarchal Encyclical for the Nativity...
- Metropolitan Hilarion takes part in press conferen...
- The Presence in the AbsenceBy fatherstephen T...
- THE ALTAR
- Abba Seraphim visits Parkminster
- CHRIST THE MERCIFUL AND COMPASSIONATE
- [Irenikon] Christians in the Middle East
- The Clothing of a Novice and Other News
- THE ASSYRIAN CHURCH OF THE EAST AND ROME
- December 12th: OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE
- Third Sunday of Advent: GAUDATE SUNDAY
- Revelations of Divine Love (by HH Pope Benedict X...
- [Irenikon] Christianity and the 19th Century Russi...
- THE GREAT MONASTIC SAINT ST SAVVA and the Greek st...
- DECEMBER 8th: The Immaculate Conception.
- SAINT AMBROSE AND THE AMBROSIAN RITE
- Pontiff's Address to Theological Commission Member...
- AN ADVENT REFLECTION by Father Raniero Cantalamess...
- [Irenikon] Pope has put the Church's penance for s...
- [Irenikon] Illumination: Mind Beyond Reason
- ETHIOPIAN ORTHODOXY
- The Pope of Rome and the Christian East (and my co...
- An Excellent post on "Lectio Divina"
- ▼ December (34)
- ► 2009 (47)