EXPAND YOUR READING!!
"Today the concept of truth is viewed with suspicion, because truth is identified with violence. Over history there have, unfortunately, been episodes when people sought to defend the truth with violence. But they are two contrasting realities. Truth cannot be imposed with means other than itself! Truth can only come with its own light. Yet, we need truth. ... Without truth we are blind in the world, we have no path to follow. The great gift of Christ was that He enabled us to see the face of God".Pope Benedict xvi, February 24th, 2012
The Church is ecumenical, catholic, God-human, ageless, and it is therefore a blasphemy—an unpardonable blasphemy against Christ and against the Holy Ghost—to turn the Church into a national institution, to narrow her down to petty, transient, time-bound aspirations and ways of doing things. Her purpose is beyond nationality, ecumenical, all-embracing: to unite all men in Christ, all without exception to nation or race or social strata. - St Justin Popovitch
Important Christian Literature
- "Cyberdesert" the Fathers on Prayer & the Christian Life
- "On Inmages" (Hilary of Poities John Damascene
- Abandonment to Divine Providence (Jean-Pierre de Caussade
- Ascent of Mount Carmel (John of the Cross)
- Augustine Baker (home page)
- Augustine Baker OSB "Sancta Sophia"
- Conferences of St John Cassian
- Confessions & Enchiridion (S> Augustine)
- Life of St Benedict (S. Gregory the Great)
- On St Symeon the New Theologian (i-pod)
- On the Gospel of St John and the "Epistle to the Hebrews (S. John Chrysostom)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol. 1 (S. Athanasius)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol.2. (S. Athanasius)
- Revelations of Divine Love (Julian of Norwich)
- Sermon on the Mount, Harmony of he Gospels, Sermons on the Gospels (S> Augustine)
- Spiritual Canticle of the Soul
- St Dionysius "Mystical Theology"
- St John of the Cross "The Dark Night of the Soul."
- The City of God (S. Augustine)
- The Cloud of Unknowing
- The Divine Names & Mystical Theology (S. Dionysius the Areopagite)
- The Inarnation (St Athanasius)
- The Life of St Teresa of Avila OCD
- The Practice of the Presence of God (Br Lawrence)
- The Rule of S. Benedict
- Works of Suplicius Severus, S. Vincent of Lerins, and S. John Cassia
Orthodox Monasteries Throughout The World
Benedictine Order -website
Orthodox Monasticism in Patristic and Monastic Studies
My Blog List
Drama and Music To Make Us Think: Disability Hate Crime, Religious Persecution, Bullying, Relationships, the Holocaust, North Korea, Scapegoating of Minorities... - Reblogged from : A theatre company, consisting primarily, but not exclusively, of actors with learning disabilities, recently came to Westminster to per...21 hours ago
Archetype and Symbol III: On Noetic Vision, Continued… - Lets now look at the nous as an organ of perception. In speaking of the soul, according to its different faculties, we tend to create a fragmented notion o...2 days ago
Elder Porphyry the Kapsokalivite Sees a Provocatively Dressed Woman - Years ago, when the Elder served at the Polyclinic of Athens, while walking in the area of Omonoia one day with two girls who were his spiritual children, ...3 days ago
Monasterio de la Encarnacion, Pachacamac - Lurin, LIMA
- ► 2012 (320)
- St Peter & St Paul 2011 Temporary Profession of Br...
- From the Sayings of the Desert Fathers
- DOM BEDE MOORE R.I.P. Homily of Abbot Paul
- Dorothy Day and the Light from the East: Eastern ...
- Odo Casel and Liturgical Theology
- Why Do We Need Faith? | Joseph Ratzinger | From Wh...
- "Tradition", by Thomas Howard
- The Creed and the Trinity by Henri de Lubac
- Jesus Prayer Part One by Monk of the Eastern C...
- Jesus Prayer Part Two by Monk of the Eastern Churc...
- Jesus Prayer Part Three by Monk of the Eastern C...
- [Irenikon] How Russians Survived Militant Atheism ...
- DULLES/CONGAR: ON SACRED TRADITION
- [Irenikon] "God's Mercy is Greater!"
- EASTERN MONASTICISM
- AN ORTHODOX TEACHING ON THE CHURCH: ARE WE THAT ...
- Monk of the Eastern Church by Michael PlekonJuly
- Motherhood of the Entire Church | Henri de Lubac, ...
- THE HEARTS OF JESUS AND MARY by Cardinal von Schoe...
- ABBOT PAUL'S HOMILY FOR PENTECOST 2011
- Pentecostarion Resource Page (thanks to "Mystago...
- The Image of Man Has Been Raised Up: On the Feast ...
- St Justin Walks The Tightrope
- THE ASCENSION (some thought by the late Fr Jean Co...
- 50 YEARS A PRIEST: A Sermon Preached at my Golden ...
- [Irenikon] Blessed Feast of the Ascension
- ▼ June (26)
- ► 2010 (186)
- ► 2009 (47)