- IMAGO DEI; (icons and articles)
- BELMONT ABBEY, OUR MOTHER HOUSE
- PACHACAMAC MONASTERY - OUR MONASTERY
- HOLY RESURRECTION MONASTERY
- SITE MAP OSB: BENEDICTINE ORDER
- LEARN OR PREPARE PLAINCHANT: THE WHOLE GRADUAL ONLINE
- A WONDERFUL ORTHODOX CONVENT: ST ELIZABETH'S CONVENT, MINSK
- ECCLESIAL PEACE: This website and "Monks and Mermaids" belong to one another.
EXPAND YOUR READING!!
"Today the concept of truth is viewed with suspicion, because truth is identified with violence. Over history there have, unfortunately, been episodes when people sought to defend the truth with violence. But they are two contrasting realities. Truth cannot be imposed with means other than itself! Truth can only come with its own light. Yet, we need truth. ... Without truth we are blind in the world, we have no path to follow. The great gift of Christ was that He enabled us to see the face of God".Pope Benedict xvi, February 24th, 2012
The Church is ecumenical, catholic, God-human, ageless, and it is therefore a blasphemy—an unpardonable blasphemy against Christ and against the Holy Ghost—to turn the Church into a national institution, to narrow her down to petty, transient, time-bound aspirations and ways of doing things. Her purpose is beyond nationality, ecumenical, all-embracing: to unite all men in Christ, all without exception to nation or race or social strata. - St Justin Popovitch
Important Christian Literature
- "Cyberdesert" the Fathers on Prayer & the Christian Life
- "On Inmages" (Hilary of Poities John Damascene
- Abandonment to Divine Providence (Jean-Pierre de Caussade
- Ascent of Mount Carmel (John of the Cross)
- Augustine Baker (home page)
- Augustine Baker OSB "Sancta Sophia"
- Conferences of St John Cassian
- Confessions & Enchiridion (S> Augustine)
- Life of St Benedict (S. Gregory the Great)
- On St Symeon the New Theologian (i-pod)
- On the Gospel of St John and the "Epistle to the Hebrews (S. John Chrysostom)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol. 1 (S. Athanasius)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol.2. (S. Athanasius)
- Revelations of Divine Love (Julian of Norwich)
- Sermon on the Mount, Harmony of he Gospels, Sermons on the Gospels (S> Augustine)
- Spiritual Canticle of the Soul
- St Dionysius "Mystical Theology"
- St John of the Cross "The Dark Night of the Soul."
- The City of God (S. Augustine)
- The Cloud of Unknowing
- The Divine Names & Mystical Theology (S. Dionysius the Areopagite)
- The Inarnation (St Athanasius)
- The Life of St Teresa of Avila OCD
- The Practice of the Presence of God (Br Lawrence)
- The Rule of S. Benedict
- Works of Suplicius Severus, S. Vincent of Lerins, and S. John Cassia
Orthodox Monasteries Throughout The World
Benedictine Order -website
Orthodox Monasticism in Patristic and Monastic Studies
My Blog List
An American Shrine to Honor the Russian Royal Martyrs - It has been my particular honor to create a magnificent shrine and reliquary for the Russian Royal Martyrs. The shrine was commissioned by an American conv...2 days ago
As South Sudan celebrates seven years of independence, its people have little to cheer. Its warring leaders must make a cease fire work – and from Nigeria to the Central African Republic Africa’s leaders should see what happens when you fail to stop a radical ideology in its tracks. - As South Sudan celebrates seven years of independence, its people have little to cheer. Its warring leaders must make a cease fire work – and from Nigeria ...1 week ago
‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ - Please consider giving a few dollars to a family in desperate need. GoFundMe Advertisements5 months ago
Important Information To Consider Regarding 'The Shack' UPDATED March 27th - From the Lighthouse Archive for the ‘The Shack’ Category NEW BOOKLET – The Shack and Its New Age Leaven “The Shack,” TBN, and the New Age Letter to the Ed...1 year ago
Over 9,000 people killed, 20,000 wounded during conflict in Donbas — UN - GENEVA, /TASS/. More than 9,000 people — both civilians and military, have been killed and over 20,000 have been wounded as a result of the conflict ...2 years ago
Monasterio de la Encarnacion, Pachacamac - Lurin, LIMA
- ► 2017 (106)
- ► 2016 (147)
- ► 2015 (186)
- ► 2014 (162)
- ► 2013 (250)
- THEOSIS: GOD BECAME MAN SO THAT MAN COULD BECOME G...
- A DOCUMENTARY ON ICONS
- CHRIST AND THE POOR IN ORTHODOX TRADITION by Fathe...
- PUBLIC PROFESSION OF THE "SONS OF THE HOLY REDEEME...
- THE PRIESTHOOD AND THE LOVE OF GOD An Orthodox lec...
- SIX SURPRISING WAYS JESUS CHANGED THE WORLD by Joh...
- FEAST OF ST BARTHOLOMEW, APOSTLE AND PATRON SAINT ...
- THE DIVINE LITURGY OF THE ARMENIAN CHURCH (with En...
- ORTHODOX - CATHOLIC BREAKTHROUGH IN POLAND by SAND...
- HIS HOLINESS PATRIARCH KIRIL OF MOSCOW by Jim Fore...
- MONASTIC CONFERENCE BY ABBOT PAUL addressed to Br ...
- THE TRINITY AND ST SERGIUS MONASTERY IN THE 19TH A...
- WHAT "THEOLOGY" IS by Benedict XVI
- DOUBT AND QUESTIONING by Archbishop Anthony Bloom ...
- AUGUST 15th FEAST OF THE ASSUMPTION OF THE BLESSED...
- VATICAN II AND ALL THAT from Nottingham university...
- MEETING CHRIST IN THE STRANGER by Jim Forest
- METROPOLITAN ANTHONY BLOOM: THE HOLY SPIRIT IN THE...
- JESUS CALLS: MATTHEW RESPONDS by Sandro Magister
- AN INTERVIEW WITH SIR STEVEN RUNCIMAN, HISTORIAN O...
- THE TWO HOLY JOHNS: CATECHISM ON PRAYER (2) by St ...
- BENEDICTINE LIFE AS A SCHOOL OF COMMUNION BY ARMAN...
- THE TRANSFIGURATION OF OUR LORD: AN ORTHODOX COMME...
- ART OF ETERNITY : CHRISTIAN ART by the BBC
- THE TRANSFIGURATION OF OUR LORD: A commentary on a...
- 18th Sunday of the Year: THE BREAD OF LIFE
- CATECHISM ON PRAYER (1) by Saint John Vianney
- LITURGICAL REFORM by Archimandrite Robert Taft S.J...
- THE PRESENCE OF CHRIST IN THE "LORD OF THE RINGS" ...
- ▼ August (29)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (186)
- ► 2009 (47)