- IMAGO DEI; (icons and articles)
- BELMONT ABBEY, OUR MOTHER HOUSE
- PACHACAMAC MONASTERY - OUR MONASTERY
- HOLY RESURRECTION MONASTERY
- SITE MAP OSB: BENEDICTINE ORDER
- LEARN OR PREPARE PLAINCHANT: THE WHOLE GRADUAL ONLINE
- A WONDERFUL ORTHODOX CONVENT: ST ELIZABETH'S CONVENT, MINSK
- ECCLESIAL PEACE: This website and "Monks and Mermaids" belong to one another.
EXPAND YOUR READING!!
"Today the concept of truth is viewed with suspicion, because truth is identified with violence. Over history there have, unfortunately, been episodes when people sought to defend the truth with violence. But they are two contrasting realities. Truth cannot be imposed with means other than itself! Truth can only come with its own light. Yet, we need truth. ... Without truth we are blind in the world, we have no path to follow. The great gift of Christ was that He enabled us to see the face of God".Pope Benedict xvi, February 24th, 2012
The Church is ecumenical, catholic, God-human, ageless, and it is therefore a blasphemy—an unpardonable blasphemy against Christ and against the Holy Ghost—to turn the Church into a national institution, to narrow her down to petty, transient, time-bound aspirations and ways of doing things. Her purpose is beyond nationality, ecumenical, all-embracing: to unite all men in Christ, all without exception to nation or race or social strata. - St Justin Popovitch
Important Christian Literature
- "Cyberdesert" the Fathers on Prayer & the Christian Life
- "On Inmages" (Hilary of Poities John Damascene
- Abandonment to Divine Providence (Jean-Pierre de Caussade
- Ascent of Mount Carmel (John of the Cross)
- Augustine Baker (home page)
- Augustine Baker OSB "Sancta Sophia"
- Conferences of St John Cassian
- Confessions & Enchiridion (S> Augustine)
- Life of St Benedict (S. Gregory the Great)
- On St Symeon the New Theologian (i-pod)
- On the Gospel of St John and the "Epistle to the Hebrews (S. John Chrysostom)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol. 1 (S. Athanasius)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol.2. (S. Athanasius)
- Revelations of Divine Love (Julian of Norwich)
- Sermon on the Mount, Harmony of he Gospels, Sermons on the Gospels (S> Augustine)
- Spiritual Canticle of the Soul
- St Dionysius "Mystical Theology"
- St John of the Cross "The Dark Night of the Soul."
- The City of God (S. Augustine)
- The Cloud of Unknowing
- The Divine Names & Mystical Theology (S. Dionysius the Areopagite)
- The Inarnation (St Athanasius)
- The Life of St Teresa of Avila OCD
- The Practice of the Presence of God (Br Lawrence)
- The Rule of S. Benedict
- Works of Suplicius Severus, S. Vincent of Lerins, and S. John Cassia
Orthodox Monasteries Throughout The World
Benedictine Order -website
Orthodox Monasticism in Patristic and Monastic Studies
My Blog List
“Understand that it is in hope of our conversion that he spares us, for he desires no one’s damnation” - The Gospel tells us that some people were rebuked by the Lord because, clever as they were at reading the face of the sky, they could not recognize the tim...1 hour ago
Bardarash – Refugees fleeing North East Syria describe ethnic cleansing and war crimes and their sense of betrayal. Bardarash is a symbol of the world’s inability to uphold international law and its failure to punish injustice. “Mr.Trump says we Kurds are ‘not angels.’ No. But we are human beings.” - This morning I got into Bardarash refugee camp. It was established less than two months ago to provide a place of safety for refugees fleeing Turkey’s bomb...3 hours ago
Lord, that I might see: talk at the bishops’ peace dinner - Bishops’ Peace Dinner text / 26 November 2019 / an annual event held in Baltimore and sponsored by the Catholic Peace Fellowship By Jim Forest Images refer...1 week ago
‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ - Please consider giving a few dollars to a family in desperate need. GoFundMe Advertisements1 year ago
Over 9,000 people killed, 20,000 wounded during conflict in Donbas — UN - GENEVA, /TASS/. More than 9,000 people — both civilians and military, have been killed and over 20,000 have been wounded as a result of the conflict ...3 years ago
Monasterio de la Encarnacion, Pachacamac - Lurin, LIMA
- ► 2017 (106)
- ► 2016 (147)
- ► 2015 (186)
- ► 2014 (162)
- ► 2013 (250)
- ► 2012 (319)
- SAINT CHARBEL - THE MOVIE
- THE EUCHARIST FROM AN EASTERN (MARONITE) PERSPECTI...
- THOUGHTS FOR ADVENT - 3: CHRISTIANS AWAKE by Dom B...
- FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT
- THOUGHTS FOR ADVENT - 2 MONASTIC VOCATION AND ADV...
- THE LITURGY LIVED: THE DIVINIZATION OF MAN by Jean...
- THOUGHTS FOR ADVENT 1
- CHRIST THE KING: PSALM 110 by HH Pope Bewnedict XV...
- MOTHER TERESA AND HOLINESS
- ABOUT EAST AND WEST: Our Dfferences Seen Through t...
- The Orthodox Nativity Season(thanks to "Mystagogy"...
- WITNESS TO CHRIST
- LA SAINTE CHAPELLE, PARIS -A DELICIOUS SPIRITUAL ...
- Fr Georges Florovsky on ST IGNATIUS OF ANTIOCH (Or...
- THE ABBEY OF LERINS
- PREACHING BY CHARITY by Michael J. MIller
- NOVEMBER 9TH, DEDICATION OF ST JOHN LATERAN
- THE ICON - A SEVEN PART TV SERIES
- MASS COMMENTARY II :THE THEOPHANY OF THE WORD
- JERUSALEM....THE MOVIE
- SOME LATIN MONASTERIES AND CHARLES DE FOUCAULD
- WHAT HAS "ALL SAINTS" TO SAY TO US TODAY? by Fr Ha...
- ▼ November (23)
- ► 2010 (186)
- ► 2009 (47)