- IMAGO DEI; (icons and articles)
- BELMONT ABBEY, OUR MOTHER HOUSE
- PACHACAMAC MONASTERY - OUR MONASTERY
- HOLY RESURRECTION MONASTERY
- SITE MAP OSB: BENEDICTINE ORDER
- LEARN OR PREPARE PLAINCHANT: THE WHOLE GRADUAL ONLINE
- A WONDERFUL ORTHODOX CONVENT: ST ELIZABETH'S CONVENT, MINSK
- ECCLESIAL PEACE: This website and "Monks and Mermaids" belong to one another.
EXPAND YOUR READING!!
"Today the concept of truth is viewed with suspicion, because truth is identified with violence. Over history there have, unfortunately, been episodes when people sought to defend the truth with violence. But they are two contrasting realities. Truth cannot be imposed with means other than itself! Truth can only come with its own light. Yet, we need truth. ... Without truth we are blind in the world, we have no path to follow. The great gift of Christ was that He enabled us to see the face of God".Pope Benedict xvi, February 24th, 2012
The Church is ecumenical, catholic, God-human, ageless, and it is therefore a blasphemy—an unpardonable blasphemy against Christ and against the Holy Ghost—to turn the Church into a national institution, to narrow her down to petty, transient, time-bound aspirations and ways of doing things. Her purpose is beyond nationality, ecumenical, all-embracing: to unite all men in Christ, all without exception to nation or race or social strata. - St Justin Popovitch
Important Christian Literature
- "Cyberdesert" the Fathers on Prayer & the Christian Life
- "On Inmages" (Hilary of Poities John Damascene
- Abandonment to Divine Providence (Jean-Pierre de Caussade
- Ascent of Mount Carmel (John of the Cross)
- Augustine Baker (home page)
- Augustine Baker OSB "Sancta Sophia"
- Conferences of St John Cassian
- Confessions & Enchiridion (S> Augustine)
- Life of St Benedict (S. Gregory the Great)
- On St Symeon the New Theologian (i-pod)
- On the Gospel of St John and the "Epistle to the Hebrews (S. John Chrysostom)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol. 1 (S. Athanasius)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol.2. (S. Athanasius)
- Revelations of Divine Love (Julian of Norwich)
- Sermon on the Mount, Harmony of he Gospels, Sermons on the Gospels (S> Augustine)
- Spiritual Canticle of the Soul
- St Dionysius "Mystical Theology"
- St John of the Cross "The Dark Night of the Soul."
- The City of God (S. Augustine)
- The Cloud of Unknowing
- The Divine Names & Mystical Theology (S. Dionysius the Areopagite)
- The Inarnation (St Athanasius)
- The Life of St Teresa of Avila OCD
- The Practice of the Presence of God (Br Lawrence)
- The Rule of S. Benedict
- Works of Suplicius Severus, S. Vincent of Lerins, and S. John Cassia
Orthodox Monasteries Throughout The World
Benedictine Order -website
Orthodox Monasticism in Patristic and Monastic Studies
My Blog List
An American Shrine to Honor the Russian Royal Martyrs - It has been my particular honor to create a magnificent shrine and reliquary for the Russian Royal Martyrs. The shrine was commissioned by an American conv...2 days ago
As South Sudan celebrates seven years of independence, its people have little to cheer. Its warring leaders must make a cease fire work – and from Nigeria to the Central African Republic Africa’s leaders should see what happens when you fail to stop a radical ideology in its tracks. - As South Sudan celebrates seven years of independence, its people have little to cheer. Its warring leaders must make a cease fire work – and from Nigeria ...1 week ago
‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ - Please consider giving a few dollars to a family in desperate need. GoFundMe Advertisements5 months ago
Important Information To Consider Regarding 'The Shack' UPDATED March 27th - From the Lighthouse Archive for the ‘The Shack’ Category NEW BOOKLET – The Shack and Its New Age Leaven “The Shack,” TBN, and the New Age Letter to the Ed...1 year ago
Over 9,000 people killed, 20,000 wounded during conflict in Donbas — UN - GENEVA, /TASS/. More than 9,000 people — both civilians and military, have been killed and over 20,000 have been wounded as a result of the conflict ...2 years ago
Monasterio de la Encarnacion, Pachacamac - Lurin, LIMA
- ► 2017 (106)
- ► 2016 (147)
- ► 2015 (186)
- ► 2014 (162)
- ► 2013 (250)
- ► 2012 (319)
- [Irenikon] Peter Gilbert: J.-P. Houdret on Palamas...
- Saint Isaak of Syria and the Responsibility of Eac...
- On the Psalmody of the Divine Office ( by Father M...
- THE LITURGY from an Orthodox Perspective (thanks t...
- Benedictine Organization (according to the Rule) b...
- Last Words of Archbishop Christodoulos of Athens ...
- The Christian Mystery
- Fifteenth Anniversary of the Rebirth of Monastic L...
- [Irenikon] On Faithful and Faithless Theologians
- ABBOT PAUL'S tALK TO A NOVICE who is being asked i...
- THE DIVEYEVO TRADITION in two parts. (Diveyevo is...
- MEDJUGORJE: A BBC DOCUMENTARY
- THE MEANING OF BAPTISM
- Lectio Divina and the Practice of Teresian Praye...
- Trappist monk who survived Algeria massacre prays ...
- THE THEOLOGY OF ST ISAAC THE SYRIAN Bishop Hilario...
- Brother Rafael Arnaiz Baron
- Stephen Hawking and Our Knowledge of God (Thanks t...
- Metropolitan Hilarion: ‘We hold dear St. Seraphim ...
- PRAYER AND MONASTICISM IN ORTHODOX TRADITION Bisho...
- Christmas and Easter: Words of Pope Benedict XVI...
- Dom Columba Marmion on the Interior and Exterior D...
- ABBOT PAUL'S HOMILY FOR THE EPIPHANY 2011
- The Divine Liturgy of St John Chrysostom celebrate...
- Brought to Christ's Holy Orthodox Church: Benedict...
- JOSEF PIEPER, LEASURE AND THE POPE.
- THE ORTHODOX C.S.LEWIS by the Rev. Robert C. Stro...
- [Irenikon] Communion and Otherness
- The Truth About the Pope—and Why It Matters | An I...
- Life According to the Rule (by Dom David Knowles)...
- HAPPY EASTERN CHRISTMAS AND HOLY THEOPHANY
- HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL WHO KEEP THE JULIAN CALENDA...
- Living Tradition ORGAN OF THE ROMAN THEOLOGICAL FO...
- ABBOT PAUL'S TALK TO THE BELMONT COMMUNITY
- The King and His Kingdom | Fr. Hans Urs von Baltha...
- Incarnation and Mystery: On T.S. Eliot, St. Paul, ...
- Iconographic Depictions of the Life of St. Seraph...
- Rev. Louis Bouyer: A Theological Giant | An Int...
- THE POPE WARNS THE CHURCH
- THE SOLEMNITY OF THE MOTHER OF GOD AND THE EPIPHA...
- THE CELEBRATION OF CONFIRMATION
- BEYOND SILENCE: Carthusian Monks Speak Of Their Li...
- ▼ January (42)
- ► 2010 (186)
- ► 2009 (47)