EXPAND YOUR READING!!
"Today the concept of truth is viewed with suspicion, because truth is identified with violence. Over history there have, unfortunately, been episodes when people sought to defend the truth with violence. But they are two contrasting realities. Truth cannot be imposed with means other than itself! Truth can only come with its own light. Yet, we need truth. ... Without truth we are blind in the world, we have no path to follow. The great gift of Christ was that He enabled us to see the face of God".Pope Benedict xvi, February 24th, 2012
The Church is ecumenical, catholic, God-human, ageless, and it is therefore a blasphemy—an unpardonable blasphemy against Christ and against the Holy Ghost—to turn the Church into a national institution, to narrow her down to petty, transient, time-bound aspirations and ways of doing things. Her purpose is beyond nationality, ecumenical, all-embracing: to unite all men in Christ, all without exception to nation or race or social strata. - St Justin Popovitch
Important Christian Literature
- "Cyberdesert" the Fathers on Prayer & the Christian Life
- "On Inmages" (Hilary of Poities John Damascene
- Abandonment to Divine Providence (Jean-Pierre de Caussade
- Ascent of Mount Carmel (John of the Cross)
- Augustine Baker (home page)
- Augustine Baker OSB "Sancta Sophia"
- Conferences of St John Cassian
- Confessions & Enchiridion (S> Augustine)
- Life of St Benedict (S. Gregory the Great)
- On St Symeon the New Theologian (i-pod)
- On the Gospel of St John and the "Epistle to the Hebrews (S. John Chrysostom)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol. 1 (S. Athanasius)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol.2. (S. Athanasius)
- Revelations of Divine Love (Julian of Norwich)
- Sermon on the Mount, Harmony of he Gospels, Sermons on the Gospels (S> Augustine)
- Spiritual Canticle of the Soul
- St Dionysius "Mystical Theology"
- St John of the Cross "The Dark Night of the Soul."
- The City of God (S. Augustine)
- The Cloud of Unknowing
- The Divine Names & Mystical Theology (S. Dionysius the Areopagite)
- The Inarnation (St Athanasius)
- The Life of St Teresa of Avila OCD
- The Practice of the Presence of God (Br Lawrence)
- The Rule of S. Benedict
- Works of Suplicius Severus, S. Vincent of Lerins, and S. John Cassia
Orthodox Monasteries Throughout The World
Benedictine Order -website
Orthodox Monasticism in Patristic and Monastic Studies
My Blog List
Drama and Music To Make Us Think: Disability Hate Crime, Religious Persecution, Bullying, Relationships, the Holocaust, North Korea, Scapegoating of Minorities... - Reblogged from : A theatre company, consisting primarily, but not exclusively, of actors with learning disabilities, recently came to Westminster to per...1 day ago
Archetype and Symbol III: On Noetic Vision, Continued… - Lets now look at the nous as an organ of perception. In speaking of the soul, according to its different faculties, we tend to create a fragmented notion o...2 days ago
Elder Porphyry the Kapsokalivite Sees a Provocatively Dressed Woman - Years ago, when the Elder served at the Polyclinic of Athens, while walking in the area of Omonoia one day with two girls who were his spiritual children, ...3 days ago
Monasterio de la Encarnacion, Pachacamac - Lurin, LIMA
- ► 2012 (320)
- ► 2011 (300)
- St Charbel
- [Irenikon] Saint Theodosios the Hesychast of Bulga...
- SOLEMN PROFESSION OF bROS. PERCY AND WILMER, March...
- ABBOT PAUL FOR ADVENT SUNDAY: A Happy New Year to ...
- ADVENT III - Pope Benedict xvi on Advent
- Worship in the Syriac Orthodox Church
- [Irenikon] Met. Hilarion on Monasticism--"Choosing...
- ADVENT II
- [Irenikon] A STUDY OF ETERNAL LIFE
- On Contemporary Narrow Mindedness in Orthodoxy ...
- [Irenikon] A bit closer to the facts?
- ABBOT PAUL ON ADVENT
- [Irenikon] Theotokos: Entry into the Temple
- HOW WE CAME TO BE HERE
- St. Anselm
- St. Gregory Palamas and the Tradition of the Fathe...
- Award Winning Serbian Documentary on Mount Athos ...
- [Irenikon] Trappist Monks of Tibhirine
- THE MONASTIC VOCATION by HH Pope Benedict XVI
- [Irenikon] Barbarians Among Us?
- [Irenikon] On Change, Bishops, and Fading Away (A...
- Pope Benedict and the Liturgy By Sandro Magister 4...
- [Irenikon] Patriarch Kirill: Christianity is not a...
- LITURGY AND ICON (in the understanding of Pope Ben...
- THE RICHNESS OF BENEDICTINE LITURGY
- ST HILDEGARD ABBEY
- [Irenikon] The Feast of St. Josaphat at the Vatica...
- BENEDICT XVI GENERAL AUDIENCE St Peter's Square ...
- Myrrh & Blood-Streaming Icons in Zajecar, Serbia ...
- [Irenikon] Seminarian may owe his life to Cardinal...
- St. Theodore the Studite and the Problem of the P...
- [Irenikon] Surviving as a Christian
- November12th: ST JOSAPHAT OF POLOTSK
- The Icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour
- November 11: St Martin of Tours
- LEO THE GREAT, POPE, DOCTOR OF THE CHURCH 461
- Introduction to the Jesus Prayer by H.R.H. Princ...
- Lima is a long way away from Lebanon, yet there i...
- The Eucharistic Liturgy of The Syrian Orthodox Chu...
- Our monastery belongs to the ENGLISH BENEDICTINE C...
- THE MARONITE CHURCH: A CHURCH OF HOPE Sub-...
- [Irenikon] This is very hopeful, on several counts...
- [Irenikon] A liturgical wish-list from a young Cat...
- [Irenikon] Love Without Limits
- THE SISTINE CHAPEL
- NOV EMBER 3RD: ST MARTIN DE PORRES
- Servants of the Presence of God
- ▼ November (47)
- ► 2009 (47)